Groupama S.A, International Group - Financial Year 2012
A restored financial situation, a group in full working order.
- A group with rebuild financial flexibility with a solvency ratio of 179%, up 72 points thanks to the restructuring measures and changes on the financial markets
- A large-scale restructuring programme fully carried out in 2012:
disposals in France of the property and casualty brokerage and marine businesses as well as the subsidiaries in Spain and the United Kingdom
a sharp reduction of financial risks
a proactive cost-cutting programme
- A net profit before non-recurring restructuring items of nearly 100 million euros despite an unfavourable loss experience
- A mutual insurance group leader on its core activities, with recognised brands, Groupama, Gan and Amaguiz, and with loyal customers increasing in number
- A group permanently innovating to align businesses to members’ and customers’ concerns
"I am delighted with the success of the action plan adopted at the end of 2011 from which we are now reaping excellent results. Our strategy is to develop our position as a major mutual insurance group, leading the market in its core businesses with three recognised brands, Groupama, Gan and Amaguiz, and above all, with an increasing number of loyal clients. Our focus is on innovation and proximity to adapt our businesses to the concerns of our clients and members”, stated Groupama SA CEO Thierry Martel.
“In 2012, we both enhanced our financial strength and reduced risks in our asset portfolio. The group is now financially more robust and in full working order to reinforce its operational profitability, which is our principal objective for 2013", added Christian Collin, Groupama SA Deputy CEO.